Sign in to follow this  
DanMega

UScutter MH721 not cutting accurately

I had an image that I made in illustrator 8" Wide x  whatever Height. Mostly concerned about the Width. Sent it to signcutx2 and their it also read 8" Wide. When I cut it, it came out 8.0625" Wide. What's the deal??? When I do the "cutter calibration" (using a pen w/ paper) for some reason the plotter pen doesn't go down and press against the paper at all but it does move as if it would have plotted out the box.

The part that is not making any sense to me is that your blade is moving up and down fine, but your pen is not? When you have the pen loaded and you run a cut can you tell if the carriage arm is moving at all? It is possible that you received the wrong size pen holder. As for the size difference... that is very strange. I think we should install SignBlazer Elements and check to see if we have the same issue.

The carriage only moves x, y but not z (up and down) when I perform the cutter calibration. It did work fine when I first bought the cutter 3 years ago. I did do a signcutx2 software upgrade earlier this year. Maybe that is it.  Dumb question but where can I get signblazer to test?

You can download SignBlazer from the link below, but the software won't have anything to do with the blade lifting up and down, especially if it doesn't work for a test cut.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=30&nav=0,4

Something has to be going wrong with the hardware.. You are going to need to open the machine up to check the connections. The first place I would check is in the crossbeam. Please remove the top of the cross beam and check to make sure that the ribbon cable is plugged into the carriage.. I would even undo that ribbon cable and reconnect it just to make sure it is secure.