aries58

New Paint

I have read multiple places at least 2 weeks as paint slowly releases gases as it cures over that time that can effect the adhesive on the decal.

I have read multiple places at least 2 weeks as paint slowly releases gases as it cures over that time that can effect the adhesive on the decal.

Thanks

I would wait a very minimum of 2 weeks.  Depending on the type of paint and environment it is curing/drying in, it could be even longer.  A humid environment could stretch enamel curing out to a month, depending on the body shop.

you did not specify what you were painting with what type of paint. but for residential interior latex i would wait a couple of days depending on the temp and humidity. oil based paint will take longer to cure. automotive finishes will take at least two to three months to harden before they can be buffed out. as you can see, it really depends on the application.

bb

i have applyed on a truck 2 days after painted and had no problem with is was redneck shop painted in a shop a nite and baked in sun the next day had no problems yet been 5 months

you did not specify what you were painting with what type of paint. but for residential interior latex i would wait a couple of days depending on the temp and humidity. oil based paint will take longer to cure. automotive finishes will take at least two to three months to harden before they can be buffed out. as you can see, it really depends on the application.

bb

horse trailor not done by me so don't know what type paint used..

presumably an automotive finish. some are catylized, you can get on them right away. others are not, and vice versa. my guess would be you can go ahead and do whatever they want.

bb

I put decals on my racecar 24hrs after painting  (catalyzed acrylic) it was still out-gassing and creates many bubbles, I waited one more day to apply the rest of the design and had no problems at all  ;)