Sign in to follow this  
bret2973

BLADE SETUP

I was looking at the blade today and was wondering when I place it in the holder and then into the machine the blade angle is 45 does the cutting angle have to be pointing to the back? or does this not matter? I am not sure if this discrip helps. will the blade turn in the holder as the machine is cutting out the vinyl?

Great question... Just to clear it up a little, you are asking if the blade orientation has to be specific, correct? In that case the answer is, no. Also the blade holder should not have any play in it as it is cutting.

Maybe someone else has something further to say on this.

The blade should spin freely inside of the holder. Because the tip of the blade is slightly behind the center of the cutter (This is offset) the blade will rotate as it drags behind.

That was important to point out... Especially about the blade itself having  movement from within the blade holder. He should look up some of the posts here in the forums about offset they are excellent.

Thanks to all I think that helped as I was unsure if the blade had to be in a set position....I will be making my first signs tonight as IU wait for vinyl to get here....simple signs for a friends biz but its all about trial and no error!

thanks