Sign in to follow this  
BigGreen

shirt questions

i am doing a decal and maybe a banner for a person who makes shirts and i am thinking of making shirts to and heres the question she is making them with out a cutter she is printing transfers heres it is do transfers just leave a clear outline around the ink or is the spot that has the ink there or do you have to use a cutter and print transfers and cut around the ink ;D:o

The outline that transfers leave depends on how well you trim them out.  If you contour cut them with a cutter, the line will at least be uniform and as small as possible, but yes, there will be a line, and it will get more visible with washing.

There is another type of "transfer" called sublimation, but it requires special printer inks and special t-shirt blanks.  It will not leave a line, but the colors will not be as vivid, in my experience, and the blanks are pricey.

Sell her on either heat-press vinyl shirts or try your hand at contour cutting depending on your cutter.

thanks midwaste but she is making the shirts i have not started to make shirts yet but when i do they will be heat press vinyl because i do not think i my cutter will contour cut but it mite i have not got it all learn yet but i can cut stickers good