Sign in to follow this  
BAD

Kingcut C630

Hi, I'm new here and desperate. I was pointed in this direction through other forums and hope someone can help.

I have a Creation (HK) Kingcut CT630 which I've been using for a few months now. I use this for very simple but crucial letter cutting and it has always proved adequate even with the basic Artcut software it came with. I run Win2k for basic work like this as most of my work is on Mac. I reconnected the machine last week after a few weeks downtime and found that the PC did not recognize it any longer. Why? go figure...so I reinstalled the USB to serial driver (which System says is good) as well as Artcut, configured this to run on the USB port that appeared in the software as well as Device Manager to no avail then miraculously, it ran a small job well enough. Had a small issue with the roll of vinyl which caused me to pause the cutter, then nothing! reinstalled everything again and then Nada! Tried COM2, COM3 as well and still nothing. Then I installed Signblazer - same problem - no machine is recognized.

I even installed SignCut X2 on the Mac, with what I was told was the appropriate USB/serial driver. The Mac (which is foolproof and solid) found no machine - it did nothing.

HELP! I'm really desperate now...Thankks