Sign in to follow this  
sm00th

Question after the cut

Ok so I finally got a really good cut with my text and it looks like it came out terrific, now when I go to peel off all the vinyl the entire project comes up. All of the text I wanted to cut out is getting weeded or peeled right up and not being separated the way I want it. Is there a reason for this? Is there something that I can do?

Thanks

sounds like your not cutting all the way through the vinyl try setting your cutter a little deeper or add a little force until you get all the way through the vinyl but don't cut into the backing paper.

At the moment I belive I have speed set to 8 which is fine and Force to 90, what do you think I should up it to?

What your force needs to be at will probably vary depending on how deep your blade is. 100g is a pretty good stating point. I use mine at 100g, 24inch/s and get good results. Utilize that test button as much as possible so that you can find the right force setting. Do a little experimenting to find a force setting that works well. If you run the gamut of force settings without much progress, the other two places to look for error are:

1. Your blade may not be sticking out enough. Adjust the cap so that the blade sticks out a little further.

2. Your blade may be dull. Try some more tests with the force settings with a new blade.