Sign in to follow this  
alhjc6

Marine Corps Ideas

A friend's kid is graduating from Marine boot camp in a few weeks.  She is wanting to get a big beer mug blasted for him to commemorate the event.  Any ideas?  Anyone have any Marine Corps stuff they can share?  I figured I could put his name, rank and graduation date on one side of the mug.  I am drawing a blank on the other side.  The Marine Corps logo is just too intricate to cut/week.

Thanks in advance!

PattyT

Guest Schramm

How about a Devil Dog?  That is the Marine Corps mascot!  When I was in the Corp in the 80's everything I wore on my off time had a Devil Dog on it.

Guest Schramm

I was thinking and you could do something as simple as "Semper Fi" or something said all the time drinking "OOHRAH!"

how about "Keep the faith" - The phrase has special meaning for vets and active military.

How about a Devil Dog?  That is the Marine Corps mascot!  When I was in the Corp in the 80's everything I wore on my off time had a Devil Dog on it.

Right on, I was in from 91-95.  I couldn't agree more, anything with Sempi Fi, the Eagle Globe & Anchor, Devil Dog, an M-16, etc...

Another thing said very frequently is "Semper Fi, Do or Die"  When you come out of boot camp you're so motivated you love those kind of sayings.

You Marines have given me some great ideas!  Do any of you happen to have some ready-made Marine-type graphics that I could borrow?  I am not making money on this deal.  My friend (the marine's mom) is barely making ends meet.  I figured that it would be my gift to her.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry, another idea... "From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli"  It's the Marine Corps Hymn.

Guest kenya

In addition to his name, rank and graduation date on one side of the mug, I would also include the place where he served in boot camp. And maybe put, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine".

It would be an awesome keepsake.