Sign in to follow this  
bfgraphics

So, how good is this machine

I use contour cut in combination with Sign Cut Pro.

This is the only easy to perform manual contour cut I could find without high $$$$$$$$$$$.

Although not as high tech on automatic Contour cut as with the GRAPHTEC the set up of a contour cut takes me 1 minute.

With the new PRO version of SC the advanced contour cut also compensates for X and Y difference in the printed material hwich other programs do not.

If you need CC daily you might choose the GRAPHTEC but I do not own one so cant tell you those details.

The creation Pcut with laser pointer works fine for my needs.

The rest of the other cutting jobs is just a bonus.

Paco

Paco,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I am glad you told me about Sign Cut Pro. So this is preferred over the other software offered for contour cutting that is offered with the US Laserpoint cutters?

I appreciate the info. I am reading everything I can find on these and other cutters so I do not make a mistake.

Regards,

Bob

BF,

I desgin all in Corel and make a mask/layer for the decals to be printed and a cutlayer for the cut lines.

Print layer goes to the printer wihtout the cut lines but with three/four corner markers on it.

When I receive the printed piece from the printshop I put it in the plotter.

Select the cut layer in corel and send it to Sign Cut Pro.

Use the advanced contour cut option and set up the three corner calibration points which takes the longest a 35 seconds.

Then hit the cut button.

If there are other progams which can do contour cut more easily let me know....:-)

For my applications the tolerance is OK>

If you need high accuracy and very frequently contour that those corner calibration automaticilly a machine with OPOS can be more accurate but is also higher in price.

Lowest start around 1000$.

If you have any other questiona bout contour cut let me know.

Paco