Sign in to follow this  
Dsigns4U

Problems installing MH871 Cutter

We have a MH871 Cutter, the small disc and the SignBlazer program. However we cant get the little disc to recognize the cutter nor make it install to our computer. We've tried to install it to this PC Im posting from and from the laptop at our house. Neither work, this PC wont even find the Cutter as new hardware. We've tried using the USB and the COM1 cord. Do any of you have any ideas or solutions to our problems?

I just got my Cutter this week and had the same problem, I couldn't install the driver off the small CD. In fact it kept on freezing up my laptop and did this 3 times. I went to this link

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

And downloaded the drivers and everything I needed to get up and running. Once you download them and install just restart your computer and you should have the port that is hooked up to the cutter viewable in Signblazer and in your USB port section.

This helped me

ive been having the exact sme problem...which software am i supposed to download?

I just received my cutter also.  Having the same problems...getting VERY frustrated.  I've downloaded the drivers from the website.  No change.  I've worked on this for about 4 hours.  My Vista computer still won't recognize the printer.  I've tried both the serial cable and USB.  Please help!

the weird thing about these cutters is the computer really doesn't recognize it, they communicate solely with the cutting program.  The driver for the refine is actually a usb to serial communication converter, after installing it when you pull up signblazer or your cutting program, you choose the port the cutter is on, in SB it should be labeled as the output device, blazer.COM# - USB serial port.  Verify in your device manager which # is. hope this is some help