g

Question on Printer for contour cuts

Does in matter what kind of printer to use for printing on Vinyl?? Or does it matter what kind of ink you use?? I have a all in one epson photo printer and I was just wondering if I'd be able to print on printable vinyl with it or if I needed a special kind of ink.

My other questions is, I have printable vinyl and I have the laminate to lay over the print but I was wondering, Do I have to laminate the vinyl first and then cut the print or do I have to cut the print and then lay the laminate over it?? Or do I have to cut the print and laminate out separtaly and then put them together??

I've never done contour cutting before as you all can see so any feedback would be great. Thanks Guys!

You can get inkjet printable vinyl.  Papilio is one brand, Oracal makes it also, but you will need to cut it into sheet size.  Make sure it is vinyl designed for dye or pigment-based, not solvent-based or eco-solvent inks.

Not sure if you will be able to laminate, then contour cut.  Depending on the thickness of the laminate, you should be able to, though.