Hey Ken, my blade holder is not lifting. It is grounded to the stand and wall outlet. I have tried the dryer sheet and pulled the black cover off it to see if there is anything I can see wrong with it. It all looks fine. Any other suggestion or can you send me a new carriage?

Vinyl cutter model MH871

Date purchased  Nov. 11, 2008 but the payment didnt clear till the 14th if that matters and it was on Ebay. So its not quite 6 months.

Connection method Serial

Software SBE

Operating system Vista

Material 651

Please let me know something ASAP I can call in if you need me to. I guess I am going to have to setup my P-Cut to get me through till this gets fixed  :'( Hopefully it still works it started collecting dust when the MH got here.

I don't know if this will help but when my MH365 was doing the same thing I took the cover off of my blade carrier and powered it up with the cover off. (3 screws)  I had to put something in there so it would not hit the red button. (small screwdriver)  It would work as long as the cover was off.  On the inside of the cover was a small tit of plastic that I could not tell if it was hitting or not.  Took a dremel tool and ground it off flat.  When I put it back together I only used 2 screws (the 2 on the right side)  When I looked into the holes to put the screws in one was off just a bit.  I don't know if it was causing something to bind or if it was the tit I removed but (knock on wood) it has worked perfectly ever since.

I'm actually using less pressure and getting better cuts.  Hope this helps.  John

Thanks for the input, I did try it without the black cover and it didnt help. USC is sending me a new Motherboard. Mine was just flopping around the clips to hold it didn't do their job. So they think it got grounded out.