Sign in to follow this  
photomom

need opinions

I have ordered a heat press and am going to start experimenting with shirts. I have been reading LOTS of posts here.

What is perferred...sisser or thermoflex? And why? Are they equals?

Thanks in advance.

Dianne

Siser is thinner, but a bit more shiny.  I like them both really, but tend to buy Thermoflex more because I can buy it in the 19" width and the Siser Easy weed only comes in 15".  Might want to look at some alignment tools (I use Tee Square It! from www.heatpressessentials.com), pressing pads (kinda like mouse pads), good scissors (I like teflon Fiskars), misc. cutting tools, maybe some silicone parchment paper and/or teflon sheets.  Also, if you order vinyl, be sure to ask for swatch cards so you'll have samples of the colors to use as reference for what you are ordering and generally handy to have.  I have a set of Siser, Thermoflex, & Multicut.  Just a note, you didn't mention Multicut from www.jotopaper.com, but its my favorite.  Its similar to Thermoflex and comes in 20" width, but has more of a matte finish than the others.

I have called local suppliers and have got free samples to cut. You may want to try that.

Fellers is local... 2 locations.

north location close to 610 and yale

south location close to 610 and fannin

For other suppliers, just look at the yellow pages, or do a web search for our area...

Welcome to the site... from Katy.