Sign in to follow this  
GarciaGraphix

How can I recreate these boat graphics?

A friend of mine runs a detailing shop and one of his new guys damaged the graphics on this boat pictured below.  He went to the dealer to find out how much they were and said that they were way too expensive.  I told him that I would take a look at it, but now I think that this is way past my current skill level. 

How can I go about recreating the vinyl?  The top black part is painted on.  All that I need to do is make the tan colored pieces, the black swoop, small black outline towards the bottom rear, and the small white stripe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-2485-12986535869447_thumb.jpg

post-2485-1298653587673_thumb.jpg

Its pretty simple, these won't be quite exact because the picture isn't high enough resolution, but all you have to do is trace over them in the picture, then measure the exact size from top to bottom or left to right to get your scale correct, and voila.

Like I said, these won't be exact, but they are pretty darn close and kinda show you what you are looking at.

boatgraphics.eps

post-4031-12986535900763_thumb.png

boatgraphics.eps

post-4031-12986535915723_thumb.png

Inkscape...its free.

I manual traced it, took like 2 minutes those are very simple.  If you want to learn the tecnique I have a sticky with a video on how to do that kind of thing in the vectorizing thread.  Its way at the top.