Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog1948

New from Ohio, need serial to usb cable info

Hi Folks,

Signing on for the first time. I've been busy reading most of the posts on the forum. Spoke with Ken today, seems like a very nice guy. I had a tech question for him. He couldn;t answer it and suggested that I post on here.

I need to know which serial to usb cable to buy.

Cutter info:

JSI P-24 purchases 07 from JSI Sign Systems

SN JS49259EL0409

Cutter serial number EG068603821

Sign Blazer Elements

I bough a new Dell Inspiron with Vista :thumbsup: on it. Bought a Belkin adapter, but it only supported XP [ couldn't find any drivers that worked] took the Belkin back to Staples. I've got SB on my Dell 4700 XP and it cuts great. But, I bought a Laptop for my new shop [mobil]. I'm on the verge of removing Vista da witch from my LP and  installing XP.

But, I would like to try Vista if someone can come up with the correct serial to usb cord thqt I need.

Thanks Mike

Five Star, Thank you very much for the info. Looks like it would do an excellant job.

I finally received a reply from JSI Sign [ where I'd purchased my sutter 2 yrs ago] and they had the correct cable and adaptor in stock; so I bout one. Hopefully, it'll work and I'll no longer be a tee-off non-cuttor. 

But, I'm still thinking about dumping visita, we'll see what happens after I get my new serial adaptor on Monday. Thanks again guys for all of your help.

Mike