Sign in to follow this  
cegglestn

interesting topic about copyright....

Just for discussion sakes.  What happens if you own stock in a company, by rights you have a say in the company, you own a share in the company for monetary gain.  Now with that said would you still have to get permission to cut vinyl of that company if they had copyrighted logos?  Since you own a share in the company and their logos?  Very interesting topic??  Wonder whats legal here.

depends on your plans. are you going to try and profit privately? i think any profit from the use of the company logo, would have to go through the company. if you wanted to put a sticker on your car, or make an article of clothing to wear for personal use would be a whole different enchilada. my2pennies

bb

Any use of a companies copyrighted material would have to be approved by the corporate body.  If the company wasn't large enough to have a marketing dept that controlled such things, it would have to go through the board of directors or the sole proprietor. 

Each company would have their own policy on this, however, I can guarantee you that simply owning stock in a company guarantees you no rights to use their copyright as you wish.

I agree.  Just curious because I havnt seen it in any copyright or trademark laws that are on the net.  It is best to get permission for sure.  To date I have been approved by 6 companies so far by written permission.