Sign in to follow this  
bkoke

another "FNG"

Hello all. I'm from Kenosha, Wisconsin, have a copam 2500, it's pretty nice. I bought it to do the lettering on My own truck and utility trailer (I'm in the construction business), I figured I couldn't go wrong, the cutter and supplies were cheaper than having someone do it. So now I'm in the vinyl business too; I think......Other equipment, HP 750C plotter - I've been told I can use this to print on vinyl as well as doing my construction prints, I just need to learn how to do it. Any help? SignBlazer Elements, Autocad 2002 and some other "weak" programs.

What cutting program does everyone seem to like the best and what Graphics program is the best?  I would also like to know where I can get some good graphics, fonts etc.? What kind of vinyl is the easiest to work with?  I guess, what's everybody using???

Welcome from KS,

To answer some of your questions that I know the answer to, I know most of the people here including myself prefer Oracal Vinyl....its the best stuff I have personally tried.

Sign blazer is not a weak program, it can do everything you want to do as far as cutting.  It may not look the prettiest but its powerful.  Personally I don't do my design in it.....I have tried illustrator and corel draw which are the big boys in design....but personally I prefer Inkscape to do all my design in and its free...which you really cannot beat.  I use some features of illustrator from time to time, but I always go back to inkscape when it matters.

Since I don't use sign blazer for design I have been thinking about trying out SignCut for cutting as it has some additional weeding features, but I haven't found anything sign blazer won't do so its hard for me to switch.  Sign Cut isn't too expensive though.

If you want to go straight to a big dog you would probably want flexi, its expensive but the industry standard.

Good luck, its addictive.

Thanks for all the greetings and all the Information Zim!! I really appreciate it.  Need any remodeling done??? lol