Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

MH 721 blade installation

I just had an MH 721 basicly given to me. The problem is that the guy who used to have it took the blade out and put what appears to be an ink pen in. I am not sure if this was for shipping or what? When I try to put the blade it it just falls out even if I tighten to knob on the side. Can anyone one tell me if there is an on-line manual of where I can get instructions to install the blade correct?

Pat

That link tells me about buying one not how to make sure the blade is installed properly into it.  This sure is not like the laser point. figuring out how to keep the blade at a certain point to start is another hassel. I did it one time and cut all the way through the vinyl on one side but not thye other. It seems like I am getting uneven pressure. Could this be? Please help I need to get this up an running. I just wish these things came with instruction manuals.

Pat

the reason i posted those links was to show you the differencr between the blade holder and a pen holder.  they are different.  i think you may be trying to place the blade into the pen holder....which will not work. 

If you do have a blade holder and not the pen holder....all you do is slide the blade in from the bottom...loosen the set screw and adjust the blade depth by turning the top to about the width of half a credit card, then lock down the set nut and install bladeholder into carriage.

an easy way to tell if you hace the pen holder or the blade holder is a pen will not fit into the blade holder....if it will hold a pen you cannot put a bllade in and cut with it.

Thanks I thin I got it. I was confused because there is a larger round place on the blade holder and a slot on the carrage. I was trying to place the round part inside the slot on the carrage. I put it above it and it now seems to be in correct. Now if I can just get it to cut even. I have the pressure set at 110 and the blade just barely sticking out from the holder.

Pat