Sign in to follow this  
twicoin

copam locks up my computer after finishing a cut

This started happening a couple days ago.

Just after completing a cut, my computer freezes i[ and I have to turn the power off to reboot.

Doesn't matter what file I cut. It just freezes the second the file is done cutting.

I have Vista home version and cut direct from corel X3. I have tried deleting the cutter driver and reinstalling the new one just downloaded. Seemed to download and install fine than it asked for a test to see if it was working and LOCK UP again.

I have run my AVG anti virus several times but not sure what else to check

Anyone else have this issue?

The cutter has been running great for a long time now.

Thanks for any help.

Terry

Not one suggestion?? B) That stinks.

I praised this cutter and it's tech support up big time when I first got it, now...............If I can't use it I cant recommend it.

I don't know how many are cutting directly from Corel as you are.  You may want to cut from the software you received with the cutter and see if you continue to run into problems.

It,s not a Corel issue as it does the same thing in my cad program. I hated SB and it cost me $50 in vinyl so I un-installed it. I can't find the disk now. I have been cutting direct from Corel for aver a year without any issues.

If you were cutting fine before then something has changed, ie. software issues with the computer or issues with the machine. I would first simply try reloading the driver for the cutter, then if that doesn't work.

I would try restoring your computer to a day before you had a problem using system restore.

Maybe an update from something messed you up. It doesn't sound program specific so it's with either the PC or the Cutter.

One other thing may be the Cable. THey do go bad and can cause problems.

Also Cheap cables have been know to pick up interference from power cords laying in a ro right next to them, Make sure any power and data cable if they come into contact with each other cross at a 90 deg angle to prevent that.

If that all fails, it's time to call tech support at UScutter, they will hook you up.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I did seem to get it working again. I removed the drivers for the usb converter cable and cutter 3 times and reinstalled each time with a new downloaded driver.

The third time it seemed to work. I will no in the next day or 2 if it keeps working.

Great to hear, I do IT work during the day at my regular job, and we have been having a rash of things lately not working after Microsoft does an update. Printer drivers that have run for years all of a sudden not working, Scanner not being detected and more. Usually getting an updated driver solves the problem.

Hopefully you got it.

Kevin