Sign in to follow this  
jimmyngo07

Hi everybody! I'm a ROOKIE in need of everybodys help!

Hi,

My name is Jimmy Ngo!  The "N" in my last name is silent...  Jimmy Go!  I just became a member to this forum hope'in I could get some help.  I build and race circle track cars.  I wish I could say that I buy and race them however I haven't been blessed with tons of money or sponsors! LOL  What I hope to learn, gain and hopefully will be able to help others later is how to work with vinyl better!  I've spent several hundred dollars in the last couple of years buying letters and numbers for my cars and it seems like everyweek they get rubbed off or something.

Now, I wanna buy my own plotter... cutter so that way I can fix my car weekly if needed with less money but more time and labor.  Most guys these days are going with vinyl wraps!  They are too expensive but maybe if I owned my own equipment I could afford to have it on my car? 

I have always applied my own vinyl and I also use to tint windows in High School... So, I think with a little guidence I could be off and running.

1.  What equipment should I buy...  I'd like to be able to cut window film for automobiles and lettering for my race car!  Remember, I'm a poor boy but want what's right!

2.  where to buy?

Well firstly, welcome to the site... from Katy, Texas.

If you're on a tight budget, I would suggest looking at the 24" Refine. It's USC's "bottom" line cutter, but by no means does it lack in performance. I have one that I use over another more expensive cutter, and I know several others that use them on a daily basis and have been for years.

Purchasing options would been:

1. from www.uscutterdirect.com

a little more expensive, but comes with a full 1 year warranty.

2. from ebay.com (just type in USCutter)

a little less expensive, but only comes with a 6 month warranty.

Good luck.