REC

Cutterpros CR630 Help

HI all, new here and looking for some help with a CR-630 cutter I just bought from cutterpros. First off the 1yr sub to signcutpro doesn't work, same error everytime "didn't start because app configured incorrectly". Spent a day online with microsoft and they claim the software is bad, of course signcut says it's my computer. So, tried another computer, same error... Cutterpros "upgraded" me to flexi, tried it on a new Gateway laptop, won't communicate with plotter, disk is cheezy as well. I've been told a couple times I would be "emailed" updates by the folks at cutterpros, no emails. Rapidly approaching the end of my "30 day no risk trial", I feel I'm being gaffed just so this timeframe can expire. I'm really frustrated that nothing works, they say to go to their website and download from their download page but then state several of the links are no good so "use this one, or don't use that one" is really getting on my nerves. $516 with shipping, had almost a month, can't get it to work...painful. Anyone else had issues like this or am I the rare case? Any info would be appreciated.

I "won" my machine about two years ago for $164 (cutter, stand, basket) on eBay, had issues in the beginning with the software also but turned out it didn't cut because the baud rate and com port were incorrectly set.

Try deleting device in device manager and replugging it in again then set it to com port 2; then set the baud identical on the machines lcd screen and in the cutter software manager to 9600. Anytime it faults; that's always the issue!

My machine works flawlessly, great machine at $200 or $500 in my opinion, and as you see by my postings it'll pay for itself over and over again. I spent the first year selling stickers in eBay and some small jobs, now I do as much if not more than my buddy who has a top of the line $8,000 64" cutter set up; and I can always get it done with a higher profit in my den as opposed to his rented space.

Hot tip: only use ORACAL vinyl for best results and stay away from the cheap stuff they sell on eBay, it's all shelf paper!

RG