NutttSo

Xerox FreeColorPrinters Program:

Xerox FreeColorPrinters Program: This is a GREAT program , they are giving away a

Xerox Phaser 8560

The Xerox Phaser 8560 provides high print quality,

with dependable output on all paper types

I got my printer yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!!! I can't wait to try it out going to get it set up today, I ordered printable vinyl and spray lamanent, I am going to see how it does making color stickers and bumperstickers, and since the copy is suppose to be like it's from a print shop. on the website I told you about I am going to try to do some printing work too, will show everyone what I come up with,

NutttSo

Guest Schramm

Ok it sounds a little costly to print 2000 sheets a month at $0.08 per page in color but since I am making a catalog and since just yesterday I was going to buy a color laser printer for $900 I guess it cannot hurt to give this a try.  I filled out the application just now and I will keep you informed if and when the printer gets here.  How do the color copies look - I mean I guess it is Xerox so they must be awesome.

I will be setting up the printer sometime today been so busy I can't get to it right now, but will let every one know how it prints, it supposed to be high print quality so they should be GREAT! I am waiting on the printable vinyl to see how it prints on it too,

NutttSo

This program sounds a little fishy, but we had a solid-color Phaser 8560 at work for awhile and the printing was phenomenal.

Not to be a spoiled sport, but at 2000 copies a month, the replacement inks alone are going to cost you $3-400 every month and a half. Isn't that a bit pricey. Each Color set is right at $100 a pop from them for like 3500 pages.

Just wondering.

I know at my office we rent a full blown Canon color laser copier system, networked with punch and stapler, folder etc for less that $.079 (read 7.9 cents) cents per color copy and $.009 per black and white. That's, with a service contract, parts and labor included.

this is a great offer and it's from xerox to help small business, think about it tho this is a $1.300 printer you will be getting FREE! and they service it too, yes it would be a bit pricey for printing if you where doing printing for yourself, but if what you are printing is what you are selling then it will pay for it's own supplies, at staples they charge .25 cents a color copy, thats 17cents profit, and if you do decals or bumperstickers you are getting a lot more X 3 to 6 to a page, so what would that be $2.99 or more X 3 to 6, plus the more people you refer the more free supplies you get, so Please put the referral code 775164 on you app and help out a Poor old lady lol I would do the same for you,

NutttSo

I still have not been able to get to setting the printer up but I got the printable vinyl today so I am going to play with it tomarrow

NutttSo

We have this printer where I work. It prints great. There is waste with the solid ink as it has to get hot to melt it, but no belts, fusers, or imaging units to replace.

Guest Schramm

how many copies can you do with the toners?

NuttSo,

How long did it take to get the machine from the time that you sat this up til you got to your home?  Question did you have to sign a lease?  Did you have to give them c.c. info?  The reason I ask, is there has to be something in it for them as why wouldnt you just buy the toner kits on ebay for $200?  I got a little mad when they sent me an email about my friends list...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

I have a database of well over 5000 email addresses, then there is my friends on facebook, here, other forums and so on.  I emailed them and will follow up with a phone call stating that until this is in my hand that I am not referring it to anyone!  I guess here is my problem with this and I will believe it when I see it but why would any company give away a $900-1100 printer for free.  I can say that I will buy toner from them but I will not sign anything to the fact nor will I give them my credit card and sign up for the TONER OF THE MONTH CLUB! 

If you are thinking of doing this, hold off a few days and let me see if I get mine....

Yeah, I read something on there that if you don't print 2000 copies a month they charge your card $125 for each month you fall short. So even if you don't buy stuff from them and you don't meet their 2000 copy quota and get charged $125 per month for 3 years, you'll end up paying $4,500(by the end of the 3 year term). Sounds like some people would be better off just buying one...

Guest Schramm

Damn I missed that one but then again I have not given them my credit card yet either.  Nutt I hope you read that!  Did you give them a credit card?

from the time I signed up and receved the printer was about 2 weeks, I read that, and gave a debit card # but I plan on meeting the 2000 every month, I talked to them and they said it's not what you print just that the 2000 goes thro the printer, so I am going to print a very small color graphic and that should work with out useing up my ink, I never got a email about refering friends I read that on the site,

Guys if you think this is not for you, plane and strate just don't sign up, I just wanted to share this deal with you, if you have signed up and desided you don't want to now and have not talked to a rep you don't have to go through with it, or email them and opt out, I still think this is a great deal,

NutttSo

I got the printer set up and did a test print and WOW!! the colors are so bright, and on plain paper too, will do some stickers on the printable vinyl and see how they turn out, then post them for you all to see,

NutttSo

here are some stickers and a bumpersticker I did on the printable vinyl, I think they turned out GREAT! it says it will print on vinyl so I am going to try 651 and see, will let you know if they turn out,

NutttSo

post-3939-12986534598872_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534608344_thumb.jpg

ok I cut a sheet of 651 to paper size and put it under a phone book overnight to flaten it, put in the printer and WOW WOW it printed on it, and I think better than the printable vinyl, but one thing I should have let it dry good before I ran it through the robo to conture cut did get a small smuge, but now I can run my finger over it and nothing come off, I sprayed it with spray lamanet and it's good to go, the pic is not that good cheep camera lol

NutttSo

post-3939-12986534599238_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534608502_thumb.jpg

That's awesome that it it prints so good on vinyl. I just don't have enough business to get one and have it pay off. I'd love to have one though...