Sign in to follow this  
sarconastic

It's here ...it's here ........

I got my laserpoint 24 this afternoon. It's awesome. I realized after I got it that my Dell XPS didn't have a serial port. So I went down tot eh local PC shop and picked up a USB to serial cable. installed the drivers, and Wallah, it's working.

I cut out some simples names on the $8 roll of vinyl I got from the pawn shop. Works like a champ. Also did a sticker for my daughter with the school name and a logo of a horse from the graphics I got off of here. Found out what every one was saying immediately about tough weeding  :(

Thank you to everyone here for all their help in getting this going. From all the information i learned on the site, i already knew how everything worked. I had the demo of signblazer and signcut installed and had already figured out everything on it. Only thing I had to change was the com port to match mine.

I was missing a few things when my order arrived, they forgot my vinyl sample pack, and to include my Sign cut subscription. But a quick phone call and they are on their way.

Also i apparently got one with the flaky laser pointer. Tried to re-seat the cord and everything. No little red dot. But I am long way from being ready to contour cut anyway. I called and left as message for Ken Imes and I am sure he will get back with me. It was 3:30 on a Friday, so I don't expect to hear from him til Monday.

Well the wife say i gotta take her out and feed her so I have to leave my toys for a little while.

Thanks again to everyone on here for your support and help.

Kevin

Guest fivestar
;D:( Now post up some pics of some jobs when you get 'em finished.

Just found the camera. Both of these are about 8" wide and made using the cheap blue Vinyl I picked up at the pawn shop.

I'm not sure if the vinyl is a little old or if it's normal. But really small pieces tend to slide a round a little bit on the backing when you weed it. It's fine after you press it back down though. I made a name sign for my nephew and we applied it on his door over a lightning McQueen checkered flag and it worked really well, applied nice and adhered well.

post-4426-12986534130862_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986534131233_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986534148282_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986534148399_thumb.jpg