Sign in to follow this  
Damus

Refine not returning to origin?

HI!

I'm having a problem with my 2 year old refine. I can set a origin point, cut a shape, and then the cutter just stops at the end of the design. Usually it would return to the origin point and stop. So I thought no big deal I would just make the point it stopped at the new origin point and continue to cut. so when I press offline and try to press origin nothing happens. The X and Y point stay at the first origin point. This screws the placement up and I end up having to reset every time and start again. Never did this before so I'm stumped. Could this be a software issue? I am using Windows XP with Vinyl Master Pro. Like I said my refine is about 2 years old and I'm hoping its not dying on me. ;D

For me that is a setting in sign blazer....unless the software tells the cutter to advance the vinly by x inches...it will always return to the origin.  Now you should just be able to tap offline...move it just a bit, tap origin and be good to go, if that isn't working not sure whats going on with it.

yea its like after a cut pressing online and then trying to set a new origin by pressing the origin button does nothing. its like the refine does not respond to the buttons. Im stumped.