Sign in to follow this  
spdas

re-installing signblazer oon my laptop

Aloha, all.  My desktop died and I am trying to install Signblazer 6.06.21 on my laptop.  When going to cut I get a message of cutter not found.

1: I am only using the USB port,  do you also need the serial?

2: Will it not reinstall because only one install allowed?

3: Uscutter sites says I have to D/L usb drivers, but cannot find where they say they are.  The only drivers I find are ones ending in .csm extension and my computer will not recognize.   :thumbsup:

What to do?

thanks frank

4: Also the USB < - > Serial is not found in the Device Manager

1- it is better to use serial, it is more stable than usb

2- drivers don't care how many installs

3- this is the only link i found for pcut drivers (you should have a cd that can with the cutter) driver is for Flexi

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=8&nav=0,1

4- Your system is not seeing your usb to serial because the drivers are not installed. You should be able to go to the manufacturer web site and download them.

Aloha,

1: problem is I do not have a serial port on my laptop

2: I cannot find a driver on the disk  and the driver on the location you gave has a .csm  that I cannot figure how to open.

thanks

Frank

Aloha, got it thanks.  and device manager is now happy with serial < --> USB, but still will not cut.  I get error of "cannot open output device  error initializing driver".

But driver is working correctly and it installs when I plug in the usb cable. 

thanks

Frank

Have you checked in your cutter setup?

I have the Trial mode of SignBlazer provided by Uscutter.  I have looked oll over and cannot find settings for the cutter. 

ideas?

Frank

In trail mode is fully functional. just select cutter, then in the cutter window click setup. In the setup window make sure you have you cutter selected, and the correct output device. That should do it.

aloha,    yes I see it,  duhhh.  now I get output to file prompt and also have to take my German Shep. on "walkies" before it gets dark here in Hawaii  6:04 pm

will b bak soon

thanks

Frank

Aloha, OK back and got the driver working, but no printout

1: it sends output to the cutter (you see the buffer filling up)

2:  and the cutter is on line.

now what??

Aloha, issues solved.  I got an old old compaq desktop up and running and got the blazer software installed and now cutting great with serial.  Took all of 6 minutes to get going.  I guess USB ports are troublesome.

thanks for all your help

Frank