biggin69

Just recieved my cutter. Is there anything I need to know before I start?

I just recieved my LP 24" today from US Cutter. I plan on installing the software (SBE) and getting it all set up this week in my free time. My question is this: Is there anything that I need to know or is there any advice you guys can give a new guy? Also, do you all use any specifi clipart or font programs? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated for the new guy.

Thanks,

Dan

Follow the instructions in the book, they are very very helpful with setting up the driver the right way.

If you have a stand that came with it it all goes together one way. so don't get pissed when you have to take it apart a few times to fit right.

Use the pen first on a little piece of paper. When first cutting, get ready to hit the power button if the vinyl grabs, when cutting near edges, I did it a few times. Took out two blades at the sametime.

Read read read. I learned so much on here. This is hands down the best forum for anything and everything you need to know.

Good Luck!

p.s. Get the homebrew application fluid, on this forum. Lightly wash the vinyl before cutting so the application tape sticks real well. I thought the tape sucked, but it was because it was dusty it didn't adhere.

As Fargo said read and read again. Also do not make your first cuts hard ones start with something simple and go form there. Good luck.

Dan, one thing that alluded me for the longest time was the blade depth. You will have it exposed MUCh LESS than you would expect.  I would pull it all the way into the holder and extend it a quarter turn at a time each time testing by dragging the holder (by hand) on a piece of vinyl putting fairly good pressure on it.  Once you have it cutting the vinyl and not the backing, give it a try in the cutter.  Welcome and best of luck.  As the others said- this forum is really quite extra-ordinary with the info and assistance you will find.

-Jeff

Thanks everyone. I have my first job that I am going to quote tomorrow, an Ice cream Truck.  :thumbsup:

Hey bigun dont forget to roll out enough slack in your vinyl before you cut and turn your speed down to start. University of Hard Knocks again. DOHH ;D