Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

Wrapping Question

I am in need of some info. I am looking for the best wrappers on vehicles and things. I am getting requests to get things wrapped & I don't have the info to make a informed answer. I have been requested to wrap a camera, cell phone, and now a catchers helmet for a baseball team. So if anyone knows of anyone that can answer questions I would appreciate it.

3M, Oracal, etc all sell vinyl that is made for printing/wrapping.  It's typically called air-release or something similar and has a pressure and heat sensitive adhesive, which makes it easier to apply (or remove to align) and work the bubbles out of.  You then heat it with a heat gun to permanently stick it down.

If you are just trying to do it with regular vinyl, you are going to have a hard time applying it to complex shapes without getting wrinkles in corners.  It will help to use good cast vinyl, but still tough.

Thanks for the response. I was just wondering if anyone had tried to wrap a camera or cell phone before so I could ask if it can be done & how.