Sign in to follow this  
smile4mary

Brand new at Vinyl cutting

I just bought a used Gerber Odyssey and the software did not come with the machine, so can someone give me advice on what I need to do next? I bought it for Vinyl wall art and also to cut lettering, nothing big just more a side buisness.  Thanks!

Sign Blazer Elements is free. Well, it's a demo with no time restrictions or any of that. There is a link to the download here on the forum somewhere, but I don't remember where. You could do a search for it in the Sign Blazer section of the forum.

Charlie

I'm new at this too, but I've discovered pretty quickly that for the money (free), signblazer is a good choice. However, if you want to do fancier graphics and artwork, Inkscape or Corel or possibly the new XaraExpert will probably come in handy too!

BTW, the Signblazer docs describe a number of  functions that don't exist in the SB Elements (free) version... apparently there was once a SignBlazer PRO version that included more features.  Its not really a problem though if you have a good vector graphics program as it seems SB Elements will cut most anything you can send to it from one of these programs.

Again, I'm no expert, but I wonder finding the correct drivers will be an issue with your machine? 

I was thinking the same thing. Only I was thinking it about my setup. I want to try out FlexiSign Pro, but I don't know if I have the drivers for my cutter.

Charlie