Sign in to follow this  
Xmom

Not sure if it is cutter or SignBlazer problem but need some help please

After several attempts, I have a working SignBlazer program loaded to work with my new PCut.  I have downloaded, unzipped, and imported some graphic designs and also tried to just type text.  When I try to send it to the cutter (which says it is online), it does nothing.  The cutter says waiting for 15-20 minutes and then when I try to cancel it says it is not responding.

I am not finding much in the user's manual to help me know what I am doing wrong.  Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, I did the test cut and after several blade adjustments, got it at the right level.  So I at least know that it cuts.

Thanks,

XMom

I wanted to add that I checked in the device manager to make sure the information was the same on both the USB port and also in SB and it was...still nothing.

XMom

I have a graphic that has a box around it which is still small (since I resized to practice).  I have tried both the cut box on top and the cutter icon on the left...which one is correct? 

Are there settings I need to change or configure on the cutter itself each time I want to cut something?

Xmom-

Pick the cutter icon, this should show a pic of the cotter with the graphic in ti . If you have that look to the left side where it shows your options, make sure you have fit to orign checked & number of copies at 1, Got me so far?

Got everything there but a box that also has 'rotate across vinyl' is checked.

Now the cutter has the black boxes displayed across which says it is something to do with voltage.

Xmom

Never seen that before. I have had a prob where I took soo long to get my graphic just right and by the time I went to cut it,it froze up my SB program, and I had to shut down the computter and lost all my work. (be sure to save your work as soon as you get it to your liking,Then go to cutter so if it freezes on you , you dont have to redo it ) Its hard to tell(for me) what kind of prob you have. Hopefully someone that knows more than me will chime in .

Xmom,

The same "black boxes" thing happened to me when I first got set up. I'm not sure what caused it or if my actions fixed it, but I powered off the cutter; manually moved the blade assembly a few inches away from the blasted button on the return side of the carriage (that will make the cutter reboot every time it gets pushed) and restarted the machine. It started up fine and I haven't had any further problems with it.

Charlie