Peppermom3

Having trouble with my tape and oracal 631

I am using oracal 631 for wall art/quotes.  **NOTE I AM NEW TO VINYL** I ordered Rtape 4075. my car window vinyl is oracal 651 same tape.  My problem is this: I can weed the 631 fine. Blade depth on my pcut creation is fine it oes not cut the backing. When I put the tape on and try to pull it off the backing.. The vinyl is still stuck to the backing.. Am I rubbing too hard when I put the tape on? What is going on? This is frustrating...

Thanks for any suggestions.. Should I be using a clear tape or another tape... Suggestions.

Peppermint

No... the rtape will work fine. Lots of people run into this problem.

The best thing I can tell you do is be very patient while pulling the backing off. It also helps to flip the decal over so that the app tape is facing downwards towards the table/floor, and pull the backing off by folding it back over on itself and pull at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.  Do I need to press really hard with the squeegee or just a light brushing over? I read med pressure. heheheh maybe I am trying to hard.

Squeegee the app tape on just as you would other onto other vinyl. I would say a medium to medium/hard pressure...you don't need to be standing on your tippy toes, benting the squeegee, lol.

Haha so you were watching as I putting the tape on.. Sheesh wondered why hubby was laughing at me.  I will put less effort into it.  :o