Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

MH-871.....first hiccup!

Well the for the first time my cutter had a problem today!  It stopped on the 2nd copy of some race car numbers I was doing.  Bleh thats a sinking feeling.  Got me to thinking about the grounding, and my stand is grounded to my cutter, but I am not entierly sure that the outlet its plugged into is grounded properly.  I am going to ground the box well tonight, as well as get the cutter grounded to a copper water line close by that I know is grounded well.

I did notice alot of static on the vinyl before I started cutting that run, and that almost has to be it because the design was simple, less than 20 nodes and that should not have filled the memory in the cutter.  Will keep everyone posted to see if it happens again. 

It seems people that have this problem, we give suggestions of try grounding the machine and then we never hear if that works....has there been anyone who has had the refine stop in the middle of cuts that has done something that seemed to remedy the problem entierly?

Windows XP refine 871 with SignBlazer running through serial.

Oh did I mention that I also recut the file directly afterwards....and it worked perfectly.  And have cut about 3 more things since, all working perfectly.  I am hoping it was an isolated incident, but am a little nervous.  I have had the cutter freeze after being on a couple hours and not being used as well.

Anyways I will keep my eye on it, any suggestions from the support staff at uscutter would be great.

I have the freezing problem also.  I am grounded machine to stand and just added a ground to the plug last night after my cutting issues happened.

I still have static and get shocked every time I touch the machine.  I try to have a dryer sheet in my hand every time I turn it on & that seems to help. :thumbsup:

For the freezing, I have found if I unplug usb & turn off the machine after cutting, set up the next job to cut, plug in usb & turn machine back on then I dont get the freezing.

Yah, PIA but it works 9 times out of 10.  I would love to hear a better solution too but, until then my work around seems to be working.