Sign in to follow this  
futuresweets10

Hello all, Few questions....

I have been looking around the forum for a while and just joined.  This place seems to be full of knowledgeable, good people, and I hope I can learn alot.  I plan on ordering a cutter with in the next few weeks and have NO experience with this type of equipment.  I have no doubt that I will be able to figure out the hardware with no problem, but I am kinda scared of the software.  I have never used any type of vector based software before and a few people have told me its not real easy to get the hang of at first.  Any tips?  Is it really that bad?

Guest fivestar

Once you learn it, it's not hard.  I'm not the greatest by far but I can do pretty decent now.  A little over 2 yrs ago I didn't know the first thing about vector based graphics programs either, but I caught on to Corel Draw fairly easy.

My best advice is read, ask questions and practice practice practice.

You can download a free demo version of Sign Blazer to practice with while you are waiting to order your cutter... if that's the program you were going to order with your cutter.

Same cutter I have, great tool. You took the most important step by coming to the forum, In my opinion :). It's not an issue using the SIgnBlazer software, as FireMalt suggested down load the software and play with it. If you have been using any paint program then the only thing you need to do is understand Vector and Raster. There are two kinds of computer graphics - raster (composed of pixels) and vector (composed of paths). Raster images are more commonly called bitmap images.A bitmap image uses a grid of individual pixels where each pixel can be a different color or shade. Bitmaps are composed of pixels. Vector graphics use mathematical relationships between points and the paths connecting them to describe an image. Vector graphics are composed of paths. Vector (EPS, AI, CDR, DWG) a plotter and cutter can understand and draw or cut.

A roll or two of lower grade vinly (as not to waste money), an Ex-acto knife, some App tape and some good scissors. There are areas on the forum that will direct you many free EPS files and have a blast. One thing that helped me the most is a post I read about blade adjustment. A good starting point is to use the side of a credit card as a gauge. Holding the CC next to the blade, turn the cap on the blade holder till the blade is about 1/2 the thickness of the CC, OR LESS..

Ill shut up now.. LOL 

Welcome to the Forum.

Same cutter I have, great tool. You took the most important step by coming to the forum, In my opinion :). It's not an issue using the SIgnBlazer software, as FireMalt suggested down load the software and play with it. If you have been using any paint program then the only thing you need to do is understand Vector and Raster. There are two kinds of computer graphics - raster (composed of pixels) and vector (composed of paths). Raster images are more commonly called bitmap images.A bitmap image uses a grid of individual pixels where each pixel can be a different color or shade. Bitmaps are composed of pixels. Vector graphics use mathematical relationships between points and the paths connecting them to describe an image. Vector graphics are composed of paths. Vector (EPS, AI, CDR, DWG) a plotter and cutter can understand and draw or cut.

A roll or two of lower grade vinly (as not to waste money), an Ex-acto knife, some App tape and some good scissors. There are areas on the forum that will direct you many free EPS files and have a blast. One thing that helped me the most is a post I read about blade adjustment. A good starting point is to use the side of a credit card as a gauge. Holding the CC next to the blade, turn the cap on the blade holder till the blade is about 1/2 the thickness of the CC, OR LESS..

Ill shut up now.. LOL 

Welcome to the Forum.

Wow, Im screwed... I just downloaded sign blazer and Im lost.  I got a few basic things figured out but no clue on anything else.  I typed a phrase so I could play with it and when I hit the Cutter button and put in 24in vinyl size it ran off of the vinyl and I cant figure out how to change it from going along the 24in side to going with the direction of the roll.  Also, what is the pink box for?

Welcome futuresweets form Seattle, WA.

You have to hit "Rotate across vinyl" to make the graphic fit in the direction you have it (you'll see a picture of it rotating). The pink box is where you set up your artwork and it's measurements.

Good luck, everyone is very helpful here.

Dazzel

Welcome futuresweets form Seattle, WA.

You have to hit "Rotate across vinyl" to make the graphic fit in the direction you have it (you'll see a picture of it rotating). The pink box is where you set up your artwork and it's measurements.

Good luck, everyone is very helpful here.

Dazzel

I ran the program for about 10 min last night and then it came up with an error message and shut down.  After that I wont open.  Tried restarting the computer, but that didnt help either.  I get this error message every time I try to start the program..... "error.jpg

Is this the version that came with the cutter on cd ? Either way. Uninstall and shut  down then reinstall it. See if that helps.

Is this the version that came with the cutter on cd ? Either way. Uninstall and shut  down then reinstall it. See if that helps.

I downloaded it from the website.  Its my fault though.  I was clicking the button for Signblazer instead of Signblazer demo.  Funny thing is though, once I brought the demo back up the cutter I had selected last night wasnt in the list anymore. (MHC I belive it was)

I downloaded it from the website.  Its my fault though.  I was clicking the button for Signblazer instead of Signblazer demo.  Funny thing is though, once I brought the demo back up the cutter I had selected last night wasnt in the list anymore. (MHC I belive it was)

Huh? Did I miss a question from before? Hope you found the answer, if not post again, and I'll try to help you. I finally got my MH-871 up and running. We use SignBlazer, and you can see our results under the first/home page of this post, and I think the title is, USCutter something something Support.

Hi & Welcome. They are all so knowledgeable here.  They will help you through anything.  You are going to enjoy your machine once you get the hang of it.

Barbara