Sign in to follow this  
msmith08

Tradeshows

I noticed a few threads last year but none so far this year on tradeshows. I've been going to the NBM shows the last few years and plan on going to Indianapolis and possibly Charlotte this year.  These shows are great for coming up with new ideas. Of course I think Ive found more great ideas from this forum compared to the show but nice to just get away sometimes. Are there anymore out there to go to other than NBM and ISS shows? Anyone going to shows this year?

i've been wanting to go to one, but they usually hold them in dallas which is about 4 hours away from me... not sure if it's worth the drive.

FM,  I would have to say its worth it, Im 7 1/2 hrs from Charlotte and 6 fromo Indy. It does help me also that we do trophies and awards, thats part of the show also. Id recommend giving it a shot sometime

i've been wanting to go to one, but they usually hold them in dallas which is about 4 hours away from me... not sure if it's worth the drive.

Freebies  :P I have been going to the Forth Worh show for the past 4 years. You can do it in 2~3 hours. Mostly nice people to talk to and free goodies. It is worth the free addmission price  ;D

Jon

I see where there is an NBM show in Indy.  That isn't too far from me.  Is there a cost associated with attending?  I would just really like to walk around and see what there is to offer.  It would be a nice long weekend for DH and me!

Would we need two days at these shows or would one day be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Patty

How about Vancouver B.C. does any one know if there are shows up here??

I'm always in to free  addmission for free stuff ;D

Keith

You could do it in one day for sure. As far as cost goes, there is a cost for the education classes but as far as the show itself I believe its $10, but I subscribe to couple of their trade magazines (free), they can get your $10 waved. Check out their webite  www.nbmshows.com  theres more info there

Thanx for this thread! I'm definetly interested in the Baltimore show and the Charlotte show. I'm 3.5 hrs from Charlotte ( according to mapquest and I am 4.5 from Baltimore. I've never been to any of these shows, can you actually BUY anything from there? or is it just a look at type of thing? 

Renee

You are mostly looking and making contacts with the various vendors but you can also purchase things too. You can learn a lot about the various equipment and such. Anything having to do with the industry.

Was thinking should start a thread closer to each show and maybe some of us if we are going to that particular show could meet up.

If anyone is going to the Charlotte show maybe we could get together and get to know each other.  Email me if you want to meet at that show..

Maybe we can hook up there. I live just east of Louisville. We will be camping in Brown County that weekend.

I always go to the street rod nats in Louisville

great time