Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

My new YouTube video for faux finishing

Guest Schramm

I just thought that I would share my newest YouTube video with everyone here.  This is how I did the effect on the sign that I posted the other day.  I really took the time to break down the finish and even had a camera mishap in the process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5N3a9Lohjk

that is a really cool way to finish something. what could you clear coat that with?

bb

another good one :)  you should start a school for decorators, with all the different ideas that you have :huh:

regards  duke

Guest Schramm

I am starting a school of sorts...  I am in the process of building a online school which teaches faux and many other things online for free.  I am hoping to have it up in Spring.

If you use oil based paint as stated in the video there is no need for a clearcoat.  NOTE:  You cannot use this outside.

Guest Schramm

Cut me,

Still no need for a clear coat as the foil when released onto oil has a laquered clearcoat.  If you want you can glaze it will something like stain and seal from a company called faux effects, www.fauxeffects.com.

I wax a lot of my finishes with Minwax furniture paste or beeswax, but if you want it antiqued stain and seal is the answer as it antiques and seals all in one shot!

Like always very good video thanks for taking your time and showing us your ways........... :huh::) :)

Cut me,

Still no need for a clear coat as the foil when released onto oil has a laquered clearcoat.  If you want you can glaze it will something like stain and seal from a company called faux effects, www.fauxeffects.com.

I wax a lot of my finishes with Minwax furniture paste or beeswax, but if you want it antiqued stain and seal is the answer as it antiques and seals all in one shot!

thanks for the info. :huh:

bb