Sign in to follow this  
kburk

Project Matrix For client

Hello all!!

So just not sure how to go about this request. One of my clients would like a project matrix that will be a magnet board.

I have cut a piece of steel welded a frame for it and It is getting powder coated right now. The Matrix is to hang on there wall

36" wide by 48" long. This is all no big deal. The question I have is how to make the vinyl look good with so many small lines

you will pick up with you eye if it is not true and straight. Maybe I'm just being a wimp and I should just go for it and if It looks crappy

do it again. Really is is all about the application on this one.

Part 2 of the question is how do I do a lay out like this in Illy cs4 I'm just learning the program and there has to be a way of making a grid like this right?

Any suggestions would be welcome .

thanks

Keith

Planact project Matrix.pdf

Planact project Matrix.pdf

If you open that file with Illustrator you should be able to copy and paste it into your cutting software. I have done this with SignBlazer. Give it a try.

I just imported it into InkScape and it imports as vector. If you have Adobe Pro you can save it as an .eps file.

That doesn't look fun...  :huh: We have a similar sign here at work. I just used pinstriping tape.

Here is the file I compleated this morning but the text does not show up when I cut??

I'm using Sign cut x2 Any suggestions? I just save it as a eps file from Illy cs4.

Thanks

Keith

no when I made the eps file from Illiy cs4 there is not text now?

Keith

Ok so I'm still having issues with this I can not seem to get Illy CS4 to send  Signcut x2 a file with text?:thumbsup:

Grrr I know it is somthing I'm doing wrong but?:thumbsup: I save it as a Illustrator 4 eps file? I this not right?

any thoughts? I would post the file but the Matrixs is 36' x 48' and I'm cutting it in one piece so the file is too large

Keith

I am able to open it with Inkscape, save it as a .eps file and import it into SignBlazer. All of the lines will need to be welded together and the 29th and 30th are not there because it was on another page but it looks good other than that. I can't post the file because it is too big but give me your email and I will send it.

Jay,

thanks I will open it in inkscape and give it a try.

Keith

ok Nice it is cutting Finally!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jay!!

But I would still like to use Illy cs4 so.....

Keith

i am in the army and we make tracking boards all the time. We just use a large dry erase board and line it with pinstripe. They also make some dry erase boards that are magnetic.

I wanted to do the board in one piece just because :thumbsup:

I know making it with pin strip would be easier but I figures one cut piece would

look nice... we will see :thumbsup:

thanks

Keith

If the design was already done by the customer it's probably faster to do it in one piece too.

use paint mask and weed out the positive, leaving a negative and paint the lines.

bb