Sign in to follow this  
MitchR

motor questions...

hi everyone i am looking to buy my first cutter and i will be using it to cut out large numbers to be put on sides of cars..i was wanting to know what is the difference in a stepper motor and a servo motor. i have heard that a servo motor is best but i was just wondering if a stepper motor would be fine seeing as im only gonna be doing large numbers and letters.....all help and advice would be appriciated..thanks

i've had a Stepper motor PCUT 24" for 4 years now, all i do is keep all moving parts lubed and some minor problems was plugs coming unplugged from the mother board!  but other then that, my cutter still works today! ;)

thanks for your reply..do u think it is fine for cutting out large numbers with some of them being curved? and also do you have any recomendations for a good cutter? so far i have looked at the copam series and the enduracut series..tryin to stay under 1000 for one..

I have a Creation PCUT and it works fine.  Cut constant and all in all a great cutter.  Mine has made me countless money and was well worth the $700 when i bought it.  If i knew of USCutter, i would have paid less and made more, but i didn't.  I like my Creation PCUT and will recommend it highly!  I will be upgrading to the 48" Creation Pcut in a couple of weeks!  But ill never get rid of the 24" unless it dies!

Basically works the same, The copam has a bigger buffer for more complicated designs & the warranty, but other than that, they are basically the same

Basically works the same, The copam has a bigger buffer for more complicated designs & the warranty, but other than that, they are basically the same

We actually have the same warranty for both machines. The primary difference between the two is that the Copam has optical eyes that it uses to measure the material for you. Other then that the Copam is built a little bit better. It is a much heavier machine, has quite a bit more metal holding everything together, and the motherboard seems to be designed much better. None of this effects your cut though, just the reliability of the machine. Overall the Copam is a better unit for commercial use.

We actually have the same warranty for both machines. The primary difference between the two is that the Copam has optical eyes that it uses to measure the material for you. Other then that the Copam is built a little bit better. It is a much heavier machine, has quite a bit more metal holding everything together, and the motherboard seems to be designed much better. None of this effects your cut though, just the reliability of the machine. Overall the Copam is a better unit for commercial use.

Purchased my new Copam today with just standard shipping, how long should it take to receive it in Georgia?