Sign in to follow this  
Jeekinz

Any luck installing MH drivers on Win10?

Just updated my PC from an old XP desktop, been going through the driver/software rigamarole.  I have a 14" MH USCutter, WIn10 and Signcut.  Followed the instruction/driver provided on the US Cutter support site but Win10 is wanting a digitally signed driver. 

Just curious, does an MH cutter use FTDI Virtual Com Port drivers? If yes, I'll post a link to the updated drivers from their site. If not, then please disregard as I'm not familiar with MH cutters specifically.

Anyhow, here is the official MH driver page for USCutter: https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000030240-mh-mk2-driver-download

And information on how to install on Windows 10. After reading the instructions on that page and reading the PDF it appears BikeMike is correct.

Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Driver and Setup Instructions

Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 require a driver is digitally signed to install. So there is a bit of a process to installing the driver. 

To download and install the Windows 10 compatible driver for your cutter. Please download and save the file attached to this article (SEE ABOVE LINK IN THIS POST). Then follow the steps included to complete the driver installation.

STEP 1: Assuming that you already plugged the cutter via USB you need to access the Device Manager to access the Update Driver Software and install the driver.To access the Device Manager, use any of the following methods:

Start > Run > and type: devmgmt.msc

Start > Control Panel > Device Manager or System

Start > and do a Search for Device Manager or dev

Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager

Hold the Windows key + Pause Break > Device Manager

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager

STEP 2: Locate Other Devices and double click on USCutter Series.

STEP 3: The USCutter Series properties will display. Select the Driver tab and press the Update Driver button.

STEP 4: Select Browse my computer for driver software.

STEP 5: Press the Browse button. Be sure to have the box next to “include subfolders”, checked.

STEP 6: Search and select the USCutter folder that was extracted in Step 5 and press OK.

A message may appear during the driver installation, select Install this driver software anyway.

STEP 7: Press Next.

STEP 8: Once the driver has been successfully installed you will see the following screen. Press Close.