Sign in to follow this  
nonabelle

HOW TO STORE YOUR PRECUT VINYL FOR T SHIRTS

HELLO EVERYONE,

I was wondering how to store my t shirt transfers that i pre cut and weed.  for instance i recvd a precut transfer from someone about a year ago. it had a clear plastic on it but it was not as sticky like the transfer tape for sign vinyl. it sortta looked liked saran wrap but it protected the transfers from all the unwanted particles. do anyone no the name of the covering?

thanks

Guest fivestar

Re you referring to the backing?  If so, it's called mylar, some is sticky and some is not.  I myself prefer sticky backing.

I never pre cut anything. Thats vinyl I can use for something else. I cut to order.

If I cut something today to press tomorrow I just put the sticky side up and the non sticky part of the other over that, NEVER put sticky side with sticky side.

Joe

thanks joe, these are cut to order, i have a list of orders for custom. some are 1 some 3 some 5 of different designs to be cut. so i cut them one day or while waiting on my tees to come in and i store them. also, if i'm selling one design of something such as memphis tiger tees that have been pre ordered. i cut a few extra that i know will sell and i just put them to the side. that's the only time i cut is when i have orders.

thank u very much. B)

If I precut I usually don't weed them. I used wax paper before between them. I didn't store them too long but it worked.