ramy

HP Designjet

I know these are not the optimal printer since they are not solvent, but I have an opportunity to get one.

I have the option to get one that has UV-ink and heads or one that just has the standard dye base inks. As I am comteplating on making the ourchase I was leaning towards the one with the UV ink with the thought of some sort term outdoor projects but doing indoor as well. But I was reading that the UV ink has a duller sense of color to it. I haven't seen anything side by side to see what th d ifference was or how much duller.

I am looking at this investment knowing its not the ideal printer to end up with, but thought it might be a way to earn income towards getting a solvent one in the future or would I just be kidding myself.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

I know these are not the optimal printer since they are not solvent, but I have an opportunity to get one.

I have the option to get one that has UV-ink and heads or one that just has the standard dye base inks. As I am comteplating on making the ourchase I was leaning towards the one with the UV ink with the thought of some sort term outdoor projects but doing indoor as well. But I was reading that the UV ink has a duller sense of color to it. I haven't seen anything side by side to see what th d ifference was or how much duller.

I am looking at this investment knowing its not the ideal printer to end up with, but thought it might be a way to earn income towards getting a solvent one in the future or would I just be kidding myself.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

I bought one about two years ago. The UV ink is just HP's pigment ink, and for me it was extremely expensive, around $250 per color. I just run the dye but I hardly use it and most of the time I spend about an hour reviving the print heads. My model is a 3000cp. You can't mix systems and you need the entire kit-ink, print head and cleaner. The print heads have a counter inside so it knows when a bag has passed through, even though it prints fine, however I haven't used it enough to go through one bag. For me, it was good to learn on but do your research before you buy. I had no idea about the ink systems or how expensive it was.

I own the canon version of this machine. I use the standard inks that came with the machine. After I used a full set I switched to this company and run the bulk ink. Most of the stuff I use mine for is for decals that are outside. I have found out that laminating is the only way you will be able to compete against the eco-solvent printers. They have the advantage on better fade resistant and cheaper media. However if you are willing to take a little less of a profit and offer good customer service. You will be able to get customers. The ink website is this...

http://www.inkjetcarts.us/

Hope this helps.

Geo

I have an HP Designjet 5000ps with pigment UV inks. It prints great don't hesitate because of the colors. They real downfall for me is the time it takes to get the first print off the printer, sometimes an hour. If you are printing a lot, like 500 movie posters at a time, go for it. If you are just printing one or two things per day stay away from this printer.