Sign in to follow this  
sbarr

Laminate question w/ followup

I have a (hopefully) simple question for the experts on the forum. I have a customer that is ordering a set of vehicle magnets and he has requested that they be laminated. What should I laminate them with?

I've been reading product information of the various laminate products, and haven't found what I'd call a hands-down winner. Any recommendations?

And the follow up question is- Is there a vendor that sells small rolls of laminate material?

I see mostly 150 foot rolls. Or does anyone want to sell a couple of yards?

Thanks.

Steve

I have a (hopefully) simple question for the experts on the forum. I have a customer that is ordering a set of vehicle magnets and he has requested that they be laminated. What should I laminate them with?

I've been reading product information of the various laminate products, and haven't found what I'd call a hands-down winner. Any recommendations?

And the follow up question is- Is there a vendor that sells small rolls of laminate material?

I see mostly 150 foot rolls. Or does anyone want to sell a couple of yards?

Thanks.

Steve

You don't laminate magnetic signs unless they are printed and even then I'm not sure i would as they are temporary portable signs anyway. Cut vinyl is UV resistant and doesn't need any overlaminate. The customer needs educated on this.

Correct. Your customer is an idiot, you can NOT laminate cut vinyl as you will get bubbles on all the vinyl edges. Use a good quality vinyl like Oracal 651 & the magnets should be good for at least 5 years.