chadarcy

mutoh falcon outdoor 46" head fuse HELP

I am about positive I have bad head fuses because I am getting a near 1 DCV reading on F1 and F2 is getting no reading at all. Does anyone know what the approximate voltage should be at these fuses. This is for a Mutoh Falcon 46" outdoor printer.

Thanks,

Chad

Not long ago I had a tech out to work on my mutoh. He jumped the fuses with an alligator clip in order to replace the head and get everything working. He didn't have the proper fuses for the machine. He came back later and replaced the soldered in fuses with fuse holders and snap in fuses. He told me that if the print heads dry out and are trying to fire dry they will blow a fuse right away. With the machine off, check the continuity across the fuse and see if it is blown. Open means blown, continuity means the fuse is ok.

Hope this helps

Not long ago I had a tech out to work on my mutoh. He jumped the fuses with an alligator clip in order to replace the head and get everything working. He didn't have the proper fuses for the machine. He came back later and replaced the soldered in fuses with fuse holders and snap in fuses. He told me that if the print heads dry out and are trying to fire dry they will blow a fuse right away. With the machine off, check the continuity across the fuse and see if it is blown. Open means blown, continuity means the fuse is ok.

Hope this helps

This is exactly what I already did and YES!!! I am printing again! Feels good! But now I am only trying to get this going 100% again to sell. Wish I thought that I would use it more to make it worth keeping. It is not worth the hassle of worrying about the heads always drying up.

Chad