snooky22

Laptop enought for signblazer?

Is a fairly newer laptop good enought to run signblazer and sign cut pro? Also, can you load it on more than one computer? We have a regular desktop for the garage but if we wanted to go mobile and go to someone elses shop the laptop would be easier to move.

Oh yeah you can, I've seen older laptops run these cutters, you'll be fine, and yes you can use SB on any computer you want

You have to buy a dongle to run signcut on more than one machine though

Is a fairly newer laptop good enought to run signblazer and sign cut pro? Also, can you load it on more than one computer? We have a regular desktop for the garage but if we wanted to go mobile and go to someone elses shop the laptop would be easier to move.

Yes. SignBlazer is pretty outdated, so almost any computer can run it. SignCut is pretty lightweight too even though it's an up-to-date program.

In fact I don't see why anyone would need a fast/modern computer for signmaking apart from intense design-work with large files (Photoshop, Illustrator/Corel) but most modern laptops are well-equipped for anything you could throw at them related to signmaking or design, especially with a 64-bit OS. Thankfully, my LP24 works just fine with my PC and 64-bit Windows 7.

Yes. SignBlazer is pretty outdated, so almost any computer can run it. SignCut is pretty lightweight too even though it's an up-to-date program.

In fact I don't see why anyone would need a fast/modern computer for signmaking apart from intense design-work with large files (Photoshop, Illustrator/Corel) but most modern laptops are well-equipped for anything you could throw at them related to signmaking or design, especially with a 64-bit OS. Thankfully, my LP24 works just fine with my PC and 64-bit Windows 7.

:thumbsup:

Have been cutting from a Dell Vostro (Sempron) Windows XP with SignCut X2. Last April when my three years expired I upgraded to the dongle and current version of SignCut. Did attempt to also install SignBlazer on this same machine several years ago; had issues of driver conflict in my case and decided it simpler to use SignBlazer(rarely) on another machine. I jammed as much ram into the laptop as I could afford at the time.

I run Flexi 8.1 off my year old laptop, only a 32 bit OS, 3.25GB ram, and a 2.2GHz dual core Intel processor. The only time it seems to slow down is when I am working with large files in Photoshop CS4 and Flexi at the same time.