Sign in to follow this  
hamelin

Problem with ECO 24 cutter plotter on PC

Hello! I got my brand new ECo 24 vynil cutter plotter some days ago. I made the test and it worked. I use Flexi 8.6 on a PC connected with serial port com1. I cutted for some days without any problem any kind of stuff. Then one day, the project manager sees the job, says it's cutting but the machine does not cut. When I send the job, it all works well, except than now the machine does not start cutting. What could it be?

I have ECO 24 plotter

Flexi 8.6

Pc with win xp on

serial cable connection on com1

please help! tons of work to do and machine does not cut!

More than likely a setting issue or a driver issue, Last time I knew Flexi didn't have ECO Cut Drivers. I may be wrong, someone will correct me I am sure.

Also I would do a search on this forum as I believe I have seen this as an issue that has been discussed.

Someone had success using the Copam 2500 in Flexi. Also, not sure if there's a baud rate setting on your fitter. If there is, make sure it's set the same as the software.

I had this same problem also. I would send info to the cutter and my computer would act like the cutter was getting the file, but the cutter would do nothing. I found that the Copam 2500 driver works with my ECO cutter. I was now able to send info to the cutter and the cutter would move, but would not cut what I told it to.

I called tech support today and they got me hooked up super fast. The guy that I spoke with (Benjamin), said that they had new drivers for the ECO cutters that would work with Flexisign. As soon as he put those new drivers on my computer, my cutter was working fine.