Sign in to follow this  
txpatrol

Roland Color CAMM PC60 - Print/Cut software

I have a new (to me) PC60 that I got a great deal on.

I'm new to vinyl cutters, but I've done plenty of work on regular plotters.

I'm trying to find the best software to use for both printing and cutting with this machine.  I'm having zero luck finding a copy of the original software that came with it.  I did manage to get a copy of Roland's cutting software and that works great for cutting...but printing is still a problem.

I've had some luck printing/cutting out of inkscape, but it seems bulky and kind of a pain to set up a file.

Anyone have experience with one of these machines?  What's the best software to use?  Anyone know what the later model CAMMs came with?

I run my PC_60 from coreldraw x3 using the software from Roland website.It has to run under XP there is no drivers for vista or Windows 7.

If you can explain your printing problems maybe I can help.

I shiver when i read the "PC60" part of your post.  I had one and I had a PC-600. Heck i even had an old PNC-5000. (If anyone remembers that relic you get a cookie for being in the biz too long).  Let me tell you from past experience .. even if it was free you paid too much for the print function.  Chances are pretty good that the print heads are bad, they are expensive as heck to keep blood for, and the print quality is substandard. 

It stands alone as a mediocre plotter but even at that she is a slow noisy little piggy.  As for software, I have always used Flexi Sign Pro.  (Talk about hungry little pigs!)  Not cheap software and kind of impractical to buy now but i will continue to live in the past until the last dog is hung.

Good luck to you.  :huh:

Please can someone help me! I just bought a Roland pc-60 and its seems pretty good but know drivers came with it and I downloaded them from Roland and i can get it to print in photoshop and corel draw and it will cut in Great Cut which seems to be trashy software! How or what do i need to make it cut and print? Is this a keeper or take it backer?

Thanks