Sign in to follow this  
cutabove

Cutter is not cutting consistenet with art

Question:

Can someone please tell me why my cutter is not cutting consistent with the letters I send to be cut.  Example an "O" will have a flat edge in a spot that should be round & if I cut ten, they all have the issue in the same spot.  Is it the blade position or play in the cable? I've change the blade & no improvement.  I'm new to this cutter and really need help.  Thanks in advance.

you should try to narrow it down a little more.  is this just with text?  a specific text?  always on a curve in a certain direction? 

try a few different shapes, as symmetrical as possible and see if you can narrow it down.

I would start by checkiing what you have your offset set to. What software are you using?

Jay

Sounds to me like a feed problem.  Feed rollers too loose.  Feed roller motor.  Vinyl catching on a label.  Something like that.

To clarify the issue.  I just cut a logo, general design is, text with broken oval approx. 19" across by almost 11" tall. The text was the word MERIDIAN, the top of all letters on the top right corner of the text are consistently incorrect as if when it cuts across from left to the right & turns to go down, there is an issue.  I'm using Flex-Sign Pro.  The oval doesn't seem affected to the same degree the text is.  It's a block style font Arial Black.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks