Sign in to follow this  
mark.turner51

12"Cutter for T-shirt business

I am perhaps a bit dense.  I bought the 12" cutter and am wanting it to "only" cut out the outline of a selected graphic.  I  can get past the vector to the outline but it still does some cutting inside my overall picture.  Second question is I am using an Epson 1400 for a printer.... how do I exact sync and align the cutter to a print I have made?  All help would be appreciated!!!!!

For the outline or contour cutting use a filled object for your cut lines.  The cut page will look like big black silhouette objects on my cut page.  Then it should only cut around the graphics.  Likely you will need to make your graphics have a bleed area around them that overlaps your cut lines.  That way the cuts will actually cut into the edges of your graphics and leave no white or border around them. 

As far as aligning these cuts from your printed material to your cutter, you'll need a cutter with an optical eye that has the ability to align to registration marks.  Some have done them manually, but its not very reliable.  I'm not aware of any 12" cutters having the ability to contour cut other than manually aligning the cuts.  The laserpoint is made to do contour cuts with a laser assisted alignment tool, but its smallest size is a 24".  The Graphtec Craft Robo Pro will do a fine job in a 15" model as it has an optical eye.

Renegade is spot on..

Perhaps you can create your own registration marks on your printed graphic with some reference point to the graphic and then use the black silhouette Renegade mentioned to cut it out, but it's going to be tricky.

What software are you using to cut?