Sign in to follow this  
stryker1

2 color vinyl sign assembly

I had a question about 2 color vinyl sign assembly.  Is it better to use registration marks, and outline of text, cut the two different colors and try to assemble them or cut the top color, assemble on the the second color and then use contour cutting?

I cut them both and then assemble.  You will not be able to contour cut the second piece without the registration marks, which are made when a piece is printed.

What if i cut squares that were joined in the corners that simulated a registration mark and I did that in three places?  If not, do you have any assy suggestions.  I tried it last night, and I am not using clear app tape so it is hard to see the bottom graphic.

sorry.  Let me clarify.  I tried cutting two seperate colors.  I am using non-clear app tape.  When I went to assemble to two colors, I could not see to align the pieces.  Any suggestions.  I am completely new to this.  sorry for the ignorance.  I hav figured out alot in signblazer, just need help with assemble.

I have in the past used squares for registration, without clear app tape.

The trick there is trim out two corners of the square. Then you will be able to see the bottom layer and can lay it right in place.

I have in the past used squares for registration, without clear app tape.

The trick there is trim out two corners of the square. Then you will be able to see the bottom layer and can lay it right in place.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Get some clear app tape too, it makes things easier alot of times...  I used to use the squares, but I generally dont even bother anymore with clear tape.