Sign in to follow this  
DanielB

Help with a sign.....

I got the ok today to start on making a 4 x 8 sign for a hair salon.  It is going to be an $800 job!!  I need some advice on mounting.  We are going to use 6x6 posts that will be supplied by the salon painted and ready to go.  How should we mount it, is there a special bracket we can use?  I know real estate and subdivision sign use a router and then slide the signboard in and glue or screw it.  I dont think that looks permanent.  I want this sign to look good, its our first one and we want to use it in a brochure.  Any help?

What kind of substrate are you putting it on?  Is it a lit sign or just something on aluminum or something like that.

Been looking online for something you can just buy, can't find much.  If it was me I would just go buy some sheet metal and build something but I have the tools.  If you don't have the tools you might go to your local metal worker or fabrication shop to see if they could make you something quick and easy. I would just build a flat piece you could lag bolt to the posts and then a plate perpendicular you could bolt the sign to if it was me.

A few years ago I did pretty much what you are talking about! I took the 4x4 and measured where the sign would be. Cut a grove using a table saw starting from the top of pole to the bottom of where the metal sign would rest. Do this to both poles. Cement in the poles...measure....measure...measure! When concrete sets....slide in sign (remember...you measured) I then used 4x4 to complete the top and bottom of the the sign...cut grove same as sides. Screw in the top and bottom to the side post...Maybe add two of those wooden fence post toppers (I did...looked finished). Really took less time than writing this :thumbsup: Just draw it out and it will all come togather.

I usually Notch the posts and put the Aluminum on a plywood backing, then put the full plywood sheet in the grooves!  but thats because i had the post to install too!