Sign in to follow this  
sjaguar13

New Blade Problems and PSA Twill

I am trying to cut pressure sensitive twill on a Creation PCut 48 inch cutter. I found some blades for sale on eBay from someone in Germany. I ordered the blades about 3 weeks ago, and they never came in. I found someone else that had blades, so I ordered them. I got the blades today, but they are thin and short. They fall right out of the blade holder. It says they are compatible with PCut cutters. I just pushed the blade release thing, popped the old blade out, and dropped in the new one. Am I doing something wrong, or did I get the wrong blades?

I then found these:

http://www.uscutter.com/3-Roland-Cemented-Carbide-Blades--60-Degrees-_p_42.html#

I can't tell from that picture, but with these:

http://www.uscutter.com/3-Roland-Cemented-Carbide-Blades--45-Degrees_p_21.html

See how they are small and then get thick? The blades I got are small and stay small. I am trying to get a 60 degree carbide blade to cut the twill. I already spent $50 on the blades I didn't get and the wrong ones. Now, I still want to cut the twill, but I would like to know that it will actually work before I spend any more money on blades. A sign guy I was talking to said he only used Graphtec cutters for twill and didn't know for sure if the PCut would work. Can the 48" PCut cut twill, and should I get the Roland blades?

I don't know if your cutter will cut twill but yes the Roland 60 degree carbide blades are said to cut twill. When I bought my cutter I made sure it would cut twill and got the blade to do so. That is the blade they sold me as well. I just haven't cut any yet w it, real close but something else always comes up. Ken or Levi can tell you if your cutter will work on twill. Sorry to hear about all your troubles w acquiring blades.

The place I bought the blades from are going to exchange them for Roland style blades. Hopefully those will work. Then I can play around with them to see if it will cut twill.