I have yet to get my PCUT to do anything thus far.

Here are images of my set up.

pcut1.jpg

pcut2.jpg

I have SignCut-X2 so I could have better Illustrator support, and so far, all that happens when I try to cut is that my machine makes a noise like it just about to start working,... then nothing. I can't even cut a test square via the cutters console, I may not be doing it right.

Sometimes SignCut or SignBlazer will even hang and stop responding.

I am connected via USB to my Windows XP machine, but I also have a Serial Connector port on my machine... yet I am left uncertain about how exactly to get it recognized when I was only given instructions on how to install via USB.

At this point I am so frustrated that I have been Craigslisting for help in return for design work, but this is such a niche problem that I doubt I could find anyone willing to come to my rescue. [The offer still stands if you are within Portland, Oregon.]

Besides that, any of you know what I could possibly do to get this thing working? Any other information or screenshots that will make this easier for you?

Also: my cutter boots up and says CT-630, but on the back it is checked CTN630 ... I have not seen the N model number in any of the software settings, and I'm uncertain if that is the issue I am having.

Another factor, which I mention only for the sake of being thorough: I intend to be cutting paper with my cutter to make stencils, exclusively, and that is what is loaded into the cutter at this moment. Right now I don't even have the blade set in there, and am using the ballpoint pen to test the machine.

to cut in signblazer change tour cutter setting to cte 630 hpgl and it should cut for you. i don't have the other software so i can't help you there.hope this helps.

cte 630 hpgl

I don't have this as a setting...

pcut3.jpg

(I was wrong, there was some N entries in there afterall)

I used CTN630E and tried.. and I got a progress bar that went halfway and then it froze... the PCUT said 'Waiting' on it... and it made the same noise like it was about to work.

:thumbsup:;;;

Thanks anyhow.

Oh sorry, you meant the other application!

I tried that setting, which was indeed there, but it didn't work for me... same thing really...

Processed, cleared out of CUTJOB, the cutter made a little noise, and now it just says 'Waiting'.

hook it up with the serial cable, and go to signblazer,in the set up window it should be on the right setting for the port ,if not change to serial. the other settings look ok. it sounds like the com port settings arn't right some how in signcut x2.

Guest sciondrgn

I havent seen it mentioned but have you checked to make sure the baud rate on the cutter itself is the same as your port settings on the computer?

I havent seen it mentioned but have you checked to make sure the baud rate on the cutter itself is the same as your port settings on the computer?

Yes  :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Under your com port settings uncheck the advanced options,

I have mine set 8, None, 1, Hardware with No extra Options also make sure that matches signcut to your device manager..

If all else fails try manually changing it to another comport both device manager and software

Under your com port settings uncheck the advanced options,

I have mine set 8, None, 1, Hardware with No extra Options also make sure that matches signcut to your device manager..

W00000000000000000000000000000000000000000

This is what worked for me, thanks dude! :thumbsup:

I'm still having a few problems here and there with getting the thing to behave correctly, but I'm gonna give it a go on my own and see what happens. [Mostly during an intricate design it will start feeding the paper and doing a line downing all my paper until I turn it off, but I have a feeling this wont be that hard to remedy.]

I got SignBlazer working, haven't tried my other app yet, but will do soon.

Thanks all for your help! ;D

Guest sciondrgn

Glad I can help! Good luck with your new pcut! Let us know how it goes  :thumbsup:

ugggg

I didn't do anything different, but for some reason the cutter is no longer being recognized by the software.

The cutter itself works and will let me do tests and set pressure, but any job I send to it just gets lost, not even the 'almost starting' noise that I used to get.

I rechecked the device manager settings to make sure they were still in place, I rechecked the settings in SignBlazer to make sure they were still the same as before, and still nothing.

Is there like some kind of way my computer wants to boot up with the cutter at all? Like turn it on and then boot the pc or vice versa? Is it anything like that? I just have no idea whats stopping this thing from working at this point, I'm so frustrated. o_o;;;;

What happened?:thumbsup:??

Okay, so I panicked!

What I did is set my COM2 back to defaults, disabled, re-enabled, and then put in the proper options and took off the advanced options. Computer wanted to restart, so I did, and it was working...

my problem at this point is that half way during an intricate job it stopped and just says "Waiting", with no sign of starting back up.

Guest sciondrgn

Setting look ok, Im not sure the driver since I have a 900 series but someone else can prob chime in to make sure thats right,

Only thing I can suggest would be try the serial port instead of the USB or try another USB cable and see if that is the coulprit.

I know with mine its not required to cut the cutter on frist then the PC, I can do it either way and typically dont cut my cutter on until im ready to cut so that shouldnt be a problem, Running XP here as well..

You could also try re-installing the drivers?