Sign in to follow this  
Kaeon

DOA Laserpoint Not Very Happy

I received my Laser Point 24" Unit today, I got everything together and turned it on, I heard a weird grinding sound. I called tech support and spoke with Levih about this issue he informed me that the Chinese manufacture likes to use a lot of glue to secure things down and it could of been the fan breaking free from some glue splatter. I turned the machine on and off a few times and did not notice the sound anymore however my laser beam stopped working. I called back again & spoke with Levih he told me to take a few things apart on the machine I was uncomfortable doing this however he insured me my warrenty would still be in place. With no luck I was told to take the bottom portion of the plotter off to see if there was a lose connection. I flipped the machine over and heard the sound of loose parts inside. I was only able to get 2 screws off because the rest seem to be seized. I called, and left a message as they are closed I requested a RMA with a shipping label sent to me as I want a new machine. We will see how this goes I guess Monday. So far not so good, I am very unhappy with this purchase. I hope the good reviews I hear about this company are true & that they stick behind the product.

Managed to call in and speak to Levih by calling the sales department and getting transferred. He submitted a ticket for me & informed me he would be speaking to his boss about this issue and would be calling me back later today or monday.

Hang in there. I'm sorry that your LP was DOA, but as soon as you get a working one, you're going to love it, and then become an addict of this forum (like the rest of us). It's worth the wait, I promise!

huuuh........ lets seeeee....hummmmmm o'ya I think maybe for info?  ;D

You are funny!